- Reducing the BAC from .08 to .05 is unlikely to be cost-effective relative to other mechanisms to reduce the road toll;
- The overall road toll is well down;
- There is no crisis in youth drinking - the numbers are rather going the other way;
- Youth sexual activity is down too;
- Crime stats are getting better;
- People play up the scary numbers.
None of these will be news to loyal readers, but will be news to many Radio Live listeners. I hope more Radio Live listeners flip over to Stats Chat.